Why be an IHSGB member?
- Belonging to a Worldwide group of people who share your passion
- Years of combined knowledge and experience of the breed
- Welcome Pack including information on Local contacts and events in your area
- Access to Trainers, and information on websites exclusive to the Icelandic Horse.
- Discounted merchandise from our supporters
- Regular issues of Sleipnir Magazine exclusive to IHSGB members with discounted rates for advertising (e-version for youth members)
- Access to FEIF member country magazines
- Members page on the website
- Monthly or Bi-monthly email bulletins with FEIF news and links to interesting articles, websites or information
- Members rates for studbook services including passport and registration of your horse in Worldfengur database
- Funding grants available for members towards running and attending events
- Free access to Worldfengur database for IHSGB members
- Annual show which includes sport classes with members entry rates
- Annual awards for Pleasure riders
- Annual awards for Sport Riders in the GB Ranking
- Annual awards for the best volunteer member
- Vet certificates for endurance riders
- Opportunities for Youth riders to attend International events and make friends across the world
- Access to members group on Facebook
- Free advertising of horses and items for sale on the IHSGB website
- Free link to your own website (if Icelandic Horse relevant) from the IHSGB website
- Free advertising of your events on the IHSGB events calendar (Published on the website and in the magazine)
- Access to posters and leaflets about the Icelandic Horse
- A surprise gift for your equine friend for new members
What does my membership cost?
The table below shows the fees for all membership options, which are due yearly on 1st August.
Please note: New and overseas membership prices include a £5 admin fee. If your membership lapses, you must rejoin as a new member.
|Membership Options (Due 1st August)||Price (£)||Price (£) Overseas|
How do I join the IHSGB?
This year we have a new online form to make it easier to join or renew your IHSGB membership. Just click the link below and follow the instructions:
If you still require a paper form to download and print, then forms for single/family membership or youth only membership are available below. These are not required if you have already joined or renewed online using the link above:
If you have any queries, contact our membership administrator.