Welcome to the Young Rider Badges!
Young Rider Badge Levels
Level 1 (4 Years +) AVAILABLE NOW FOR ENTRY
– Voluntary test
– Basic Icelandic Horse knowledge and riding skills
Level 2 (6 Years +) AVAILABLE NOW FOR ENTRY
– Basic understanding of Icelandic Horses
– Achieve confidence in handling and riding an Icelandic Horse
– Improve knowledge of and enjoy learning about Icelandic Horses
Level 2b Road Rider AVAILABLE NOW FOR ENTRY
– Required before Level 3
– Basic Road Safety and knowledge
Level 3 (8 Years +)
– Required before Level 4
– Developing a balanced seat independent of the reins
– Higher level of knowledge of Riding and Care of an Icelandic Horse
Level 4 Sport Rider
What do you need to know?
Young Rider Candidates can take Level 1 or Level 2 at any time. Young Riders can work with their usual local riding school instructors to take the exams for Level 1-3. For Level 4, it is recommended that Young Riders have instruction from a FEIF trainer.
No limit to number of times needed to pass or how quickly each level is taken in succession.
How do you enter?
Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to register interest in the Young Rider Badges. You will be sent a pack with all the information you need for each level.
How will I be examined?
Where possible, IHSGB Young Rider Badge assessments will be via an online application:
– Videos which can be uploaded to Google Drive/YouTube etc. for the examiner to assess
– Online multiple choice or exam questions (where relevant)
Level 4 will be assessed in person.
Please note: Video’s must be supervised and taken by an adult.
How much will it cost?
For Level 1 to 2b – £12 (£10 discounted for members)
Level 3 – £17.50 (£15.00 discounted for members)
Level 4 – TBC
What do I get out of it?
Candidates will be awarded a Certificate and Badge upon passing.
Benefits will be available to Young Rider candidates who have passed!